Friends of Hot Springs Library, or FHSL, is an all volunteer organization devoted to supporting the Hot Springs, North Carolina Library through fundraising, advocacy, author and educational events, building maintenance and community participation. Some of us volunteer our time for library programs, events and maintenance. Some attend monthly meetings to plan upcoming and ongoing events and programs. Many of our Friends of Hot Springs Library contribute their support through yearly membership dues and donations. We work together and do what we can to help keep our library a vibrant and lively part of the Hot Springs community. We encourage you to join us in our efforts.
We know that people like you join the Friends for a variety of reasons, but one of the most common reasons is that you want to help our Hot Springs Library to continue to be a vital, healthy, welcoming community resource. Some ways your FHSL Membership contributes:
- Co-Sponsor the Children’s Summer Reading Program
- Provide supplies & labor to help keep the library a vital part of our community
- Purchase new technology equipment for patron use
- Support children’s programming and tutoring, adult literacy programs, and author events for the children and adults of Hot Springs and surrounding communities
- Support the Hot Springs Library thru fundraising events like Birds for Books in the Spring and BBQ for Books in the Fall (see Events Page)
How To Join FHSL: Stop in the Hot Springs Library and ask a librarian for a membership form, fill out the info, leave it along with your membership dues with the librarian. Or, you can print the form, FHSL Membership Form, fill out the info and mail with your check to: P.O. Box 175. Hot Springs, NC 28743.
- Individual Memberships are $10/year
- Family Memberships are $25/year
- Lifetime Memberships are a one time cost of $150.
By becoming a member of Friends of Hot Springs Library, you are eligible to become a member at the Local Government Federal Credit Union at the SECU (Marshall downtown, soon to be on the bypass), a not-for-profit cooperative financial institution owned by, and operated for the benefit of its member-owners.
Friends of Hot Springs Library meet on the 4th Thursday of the month at 5:00pm at the Hot Springs Library. All are welcome to attend. Visit the Madison County Library website for more information and a calendar of events for all 3 Madison County Library branches: